Re: [ve-dev] running sweet

In this example, you're displaying groups of 6 rows. ie: the logical row is 6 physical rows long. This is easy to do in CompositeTable.

What you can't do (right now) is to have a logical row be 3 rows long one time, 6 rows long the next time, 2 rows long the third time, etc.

The logical rows must all be the same height which generally means that they must have the same internal structure.

Does that make better sense?

Best,

Dave

Mark Proctor wrote:

what type of merging could it not handle? could I merge D5 and D6?

I think what your saying is that a vertically merged cell would basically split a row into three composites, the cells to the left of the merge the merge itself and the cells to the right of the merge.

Mark
David J. Orme wrote:

Mark Proctor wrote:

David,

Trying to understand what you mean by:
"With CompositeTable it is simple to create a checkbook registry type layout where some pair (or n) rows repeat. Just use a GridLayout to lay out your prototype row object however you like. "

Can merges as shown in the attached gif be achieved? Its not something I need now and I admit its an obscure use case, most likely it will be for inserting images.

In this example, there is a merged block followed by two rows and this pattern repeats. So, yes, CompositeTable can handle this.

Best,

Dave Orme

--
Objects are here to stay.  http://www.db4o.com

PGP Public Key (for confidential communications):
http://www.coconut-palm-software.com/~djo/public_key.txt