Re: [udig-devel] Help with simple plugin

I had to do a web search to find the two primers:
- http://docs.codehaus.org/download/attachments/31212/ISO19109+Primer.pdf
- http://docs.codehaus.org/download/attachments/31212/ISO19123+Primer.pdf

Stupid stupid stupid ...

On the bright side I am trying to document GeoTools as people ask me questions - although I only write docs if someone is going to actually test them and give me feedback. So if you are game join me on IRC freenode#geotools.

Jody
One thing that *almost* helps is that GeoTools is based on "standards" published by the OGC (so you can download lots of documentation and you will find the names line up between the GeoTools code base and the class diagrams in the standards).

However recently they started working with OGC people started working more with ISO Standards (which you have to pay in order to read). This is EVIL - one nice person (Bryce!) has made up "primers" on the ISO specs that have pictures. These primers are not kind to the the faint of heart, but they are kind to the faint of budget.

You will also find the GeoAPI project useful - as they convert the standards into normal Java interfaces for us to all use.
Jody

Pedro Da Ros wrote:
Hey again, Andrea!

Yeah, it turns out Im fighting to understand geotools, and not uDig
(yet), my bad asking about it as if it was uDig :P.

I´m checking the link you gave me on the docs of geotools and am
trying to understand it. Overall it looks like a complex architecture,
but seems solid. I will keep trying to manage to understand this :P.

Thanks again,
-Pedro Da Ros