Re: [udig-devel] Help with simple plugin

Pedro Da Ros wrote:
I took a look on the tutorials (I had seen only the one on the site,
the "distancemeasure" one), and they helped me getting started on the
plugin, as I managed to add a button to the toolbar and create a map
and a layer when the user clicks the button :).

But I've been struggling for over 2 hours trying to add features to
the layer but I cant... tried to create a feature schema and set to
the layer but couldnt... nor create individual features (managed to
create a feature collection with empty feature type, but didnt manage
to create the features itself to populate the collection). I could
create "Point"s, but didnt manage to convert them to Features to add
to the layer.

I couldnt find the example that reads from an ASCII file and renders
to a layer, that one should cover my problem, I think.

Pedro,

I've written a crude tutorial here:

http://svn.geotools.org/udig/community/chorner/net.refractions.udig.tutorials.txtDataStore/

but haven't had time to clean it up or document it well. It may help you out though, as it does successfully read points in from an ascii file (i believe the format was x,y one per line.

Cheers,
Cory.

Back to the top