Re: [udig-devel] creating new style editor

Andrea Antonello wrote:
I have some questions about the styleConfigurator extention point. Since
I want to keep complete compatibility with GRASS workspaces, I had to
create a new Style Editor (much like Magna did ask for in some other post).
Everything works well, but I miss from the Configurator Extention Point
the links so import, export and more than that to apply and revert. Why
aren't they available in the configurator? (Or am I just don't seeing them?)
I need to be able to load files, save files and apply and revert, but I
don't want to duplicate new buttons.

Can someone help me with that?

Hi Andrea,

I wrote the new Style Dialog, but we were planning a rewrite before publicizing the new API. The current styleConfigurator extention point was written with the Style VIEW in mind; the Style Dialog just wraps the old extension point for compatibility, and isn't intended for new development.

To take full advantage of the elements of the Style Dialog, one should use the following extension point: http://svn.geotools.org/udig/trunk/plugins/net.refractions.udig.style.sld/schema/StyleEditorPage.exsd

I'll re-iterate that this is likely to change, but it is uncertain when this will happen -- dependent on what contracts we have coming down the pipe (no one seems interested in Styling at the moment).

Cheers,
Cory.

Back to the top