Re: [udig-devel] Help with simple plugin

Hi Pedro,
I agree with you :)
Udig is not for quick tasks. I feel UDig is a long term investment and
needs some preparing time, at least for me it has been like that. The
udig docs were mandatory, but not enough for me, because to understand
the big picture I think you have to also have a good base of the RCP
Platform (I had to read a book about it).
Adding operations and elaborations is pretty easy, but making core
contributions needs some more study time, in order to see great results
and have fun. At the point I am now, I already have big fun and know it
has been worth it. But at the begin... :)

About Feature, FeatureType and similar I remember seeing some UML
diagrams on the geotools site, since that is assumed to be their
responsability:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/Features

Andrea