Re: [che-dev] Simplify mounting of project sources to plugins

On Wed, 2019-01-23 at 14:20 +0100, Mario wrote:
In that case, we'd somehow need to communicate the location (env var
perhaps?) to the tooling in the container at the start-up time.

Yes we should decide on a convention for plugin developers about that. An environment variable looks like the best solution. But again, I think you should split this work in 2 separate PRs: first the mountSources flag (default is ), second the sourcesPath attribute.

I don't think adding an additional env var will help us, here's why:

  • LSP already has a mechanism for setting up source locations ("workspaceLocation" and "workspaceFolders" ).
  • In the case of Go, tools already rely on a environment variable: $GOPATH. Setting up a second variable will not add anything to that.
  • It will not work for vscode plugins packaged as Che plugins, because they are not aware of Che. This is an important use case, since it's our favoured approach for providing language support.

/Thomas

Back to the top