Re: [udig-devel] Problem compiling udig for the first time

Comments inline ..

2011/12/21 Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx>:
> We are not using m2e.
>
> The pom.xml is used for a command line build using the "Tycho" build system.
> I do not think the two build systems (m2e and Tycho) are compatible?
>
> We tried to update the instructions to show how to use maven to download the
> jars (because it is faster):
>
> From the wiki:
>
> Using maven is the fastest way to download the required jars into libs:
>
> 1. You can use Maven 3 (or Maven 2) to download required jars from the
> command line:
>> cd plugins/net.refractions.udig.libs
>> mvn install -f pom-libs.xml

Quite interesting. Could you provide a link to the wiki page. I still
used the refresh.xml ant script this week and was wondering about the
miss match of manifest/classpath to the resulting lib folder content
(jcommons 0.13.0 vs. 0.16.0) the this week. IMHO we should remove the
ant-script, if its not maintained anymore to avoid problems building
udig form sources.

> 2. After you have done the above you still need to do a couple steps in
> Eclipse:
> * Open up refresh.xml and run the tools target (to download the java
> compiler for JGrass scripts)
> * Select the project and hit refresh (so it has a chance to notice the files
> are present)

Pretty confused right now... refresh is still required? Hmm...