Re: [udig-devel] Problem compiling udig for the first time

We are not using m2e.

The pom.xml is used for a command line build using the "Tycho" build system. I do not think the two build systems (m2e and Tycho) are compatible?

We tried to update the instructions to show how to use maven to download the jars (because it is faster):

From the wiki:

Using maven is the fastest way to download the required jars into libs:

1. You can use Maven 3 (or Maven 2) to download required jars from the command line:
> cd plugins/net.refractions.udig.libs
> mvn install -f pom-libs.xml

2. After you have done the above you still need to do a couple steps in Eclipse:
* Open up refresh.xml and run the tools target (to download the java compiler for JGrass scripts)
* Select the project and hit refresh (so it has a chance to notice the files are present)

Does that work for you?
--
Jody Garnett