Re: AW: [udig-devel] Headless build on trunk

Ugo Taddei wrote:
So I was assuming that everyone is using Eclipse 3.4 for the trunk - are you still on 3.3?
We are all using Eclipse 3.4 - what we are not doing is a headless build.
I took the latest and greatest Eclipse 3.4.1 and installed EMF and GMF including Source on top of it which seem to be required by the uDig source features.
We have not tried Eclipse 3.4.1 yet; indeed I asked if the community was interested in that last week. If you can report back success it will help us all make our decision.
I've been using eclipse 3.4.1 for two weeks now. I haven't tried a headless build and doubt I will
I see - so that means you are making an SDK for your team directly from inside eclipse. I am just trying to be sure here.
, but my folks here would appreciate a new SDK, and I would appreciate if there were one coming from you, rather than from me.
I have no team members free to work on a headless build and making SDKs for others; if you could upload your SDK to the website that would also make your team members happy?

Right now Jesse has been kind enough to release SDKs for the community on his own time; I do not have the freedom to assign staff to make an SDK. Without someone paying a support contract I cannot help you. As such we depend on community members such as Jesse (or yourself) to make artifacts such as an SDK.

Is your teams concern based on the SDK you make being official? Or are you (like me) concerned about spending your time on something that is not directly related to your project?
Am I missing something...

Jody

Back to the top