Re: AW: [udig-devel] Headless build on trunk

Hello,

Jody Garnett wrote:
Wellmann, Harald wrote:
Hmm, I'm a bit worried about your remark about "blazing a new trail with Eclipse 3.4"...

I was simply following the instructions in http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/ADMIN/03+Eclipse+for+RCP+Developers to set up my development environment for udig 1.2 a.k.a. trunk.

So I was assuming that everyone is using Eclipse 3.4 for the trunk - are you still on 3.3?
We are all using Eclipse 3.4 - what we are not doing is a headless build.
I took the latest and greatest Eclipse 3.4.1 and installed EMF and GMF including Source on top of it which seem to be required by the uDig source features.
We have not tried Eclipse 3.4.1 yet; indeed I asked if the community was interested in that last week. If you can report back success it will help us all make our decision.

I've been using eclipse 3.4.1 for two weeks now. I haven't tried a headless build and doubt I will, but my folks here would appreciate a new SDK, and I would appreciate if there were one coming from you, rather than from me.

Cheers,

Ugo

--
Ugo Taddei

Fraunhofer Institut Intelligente Analyse- und Informationssysteme (FhG IAIS)
http://www.iais.fraunhofer.de
Department Knowledge Discovery - IAIS.KD -
Working Group Spatial Decision Support
http://www.iais.fraunhofer.de/kd.html
phone  (+49)2241-14-2184    fax    (+49)2241-14-2072