Re: [udig-devel] Headless build on trunk

Wellmann, Harald wrote:
Does it make sense at all to use a 3.2.0 fragment for a 3.4 build?

I removed all that extra stuff from the dropins folder. After that, my interactive uDig still works (or I should say, the subset of uDig that my own plugins depend on), so I'm not really sure what this extras archive is needed for...
The "nls" stuff we have was prepaired by moovida some releases ago; this is a repackaging of an earlier eclipse translation (since eclipse.org has not released anything for a while). I am not sure if it is needed (or if we could switch to the bable project?).
Anyway, it is probably a good idea to use a separate Eclipse installation for the uDig headless build, to avoid any interference with other plugins.
Indeed.
But then the question remains: Should I simply take an Eclipse 3.4 SDK download? Do I need to install additional features or plugins?
I am not sure; you are blazing a new trail here - please keep sending emails to the list. Does using an Eclipse 3.4 SDK actually work for you? Are you doing a successful headless build now?

Back to the top