Re: [udig-devel] render performance

It doesn’t it takes 3.24 sec on an initial run improving thereafter due to Eclipse loading techniques,on similar hardware. Maps taking that long to load are typically the size of the road network of British Columbia a somewhat larger system, you can down load this as an example from Geobase.org. I can find no evidence of heap space exhaustion perhaps you have an environmental issue?

Regards

Tony Kennedy

Vince Darley wrote:

Can no-one else reproduce that this takes 10 seconds or more to render?

Reading this, I thought I'd move on to the next test, which is of the order of magnitude you quote. This one takes 10 or more seconds to render...

http://www.santafe.edu/~vince/pub/test-shp2.zip

(and after a few zooms in and out I run out of Java heap space, but that's a different issue)

cheers,

Vince.