Re: [udig-devel] Some problems found while reviewing SVN Head

Tony Kennedy wrote:

I hope to complete all internal code tests in about 5 weeks, then given dept head approval TK can release code.

Thanks - On our end we will be turning off features that do not meet QA standards on Monday, right now ArcSDE and Oracle will be turned off do to lack of testing facilities for example. We can look at turning off GeoTIFF on Monday as well, and picking it upagain when the community is happy with it.

On the subject of raster processing one of the students attached to the project has submitted a proposal based on uDig core plugins combined with imagej code to produce a RCP'ed version of imagej. Imagej has a very liberal license perhaps this work may be useful.

It would be great ! I would love an introduction, and we are more then happy to arrange svn access and such.

I am looking forward to picking up as many libraries as people find useful (both java and native). The main advantage of the geotools libraries has is the great CRS support, additional format support seems to just be starting to get off the ground. There is a lot of really nice work out there.

Jody Garnett

If you would like we can set up introductions to the geotools raster developers at next Mondays IRC meeting?

Back to the top