Re: [cf-dev] Next Californium release?

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Kovatsch Matthias <kovatsch@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, I saw that Eclipse Mars also has a year-long milestone cycle.. Thus, I also thought “why not” :)

Actinium has been a separate project before, hence the version is not aligned. Since it is now part of Eclipse Californium, would you recommend to align it?

Benjamin?

The Californium unit tests already include a lot of integration tests as well (starting servers and clients). Do you have some experience what should go into integration testing? We could freeze a Plugtest server and checker that work for sure and test all newer versions against it; maybe even a different implementation? Otherwise I would set up something similar to the Travis-CI setup I had before and simply use the current Maven targets.

BTW they don't run on Java 8. I see a lot of test using Thread.sleep(..) and order of Map (serialization of map to string and test)

The main problem is currently:

[ERROR] Could not create local repository at /opt/public/hipp/homes/genie.technology.californium/.m2/repository -> [Help 1]

Should we contact the Webmaster about this? When I log in, I do not have the Manage Hudson link.

How about repo.eclipse.org? What needs to be done there to get the artifacts into the Maven repo?

Ciao

Matthias