Re: [cf-dev] Next Californium release?

It's going to be a long milestone cycle, but why not :)
BTW, for you; Actinium is far of 1.0 ?

Continuous integration is running at : http://hudson.eclipse.org/californium/

Now we need to build the integration scenario, decide what the want to test.

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 1:56 AM, Kovatsch Matthias <kovatsch@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear all

Since we already had various versions and successful interoperability tests before moving to Eclipse, I was originally targeting a 1.0.0 release at Eclipse. The CoAP API would also be stable enough. But if a 1.0.0 causes the incubation phase to end, we need to go for a lower version number. However, I would keep the current count and use something above 0.18.*. If 0.7252.0 is a valid version, I would pick the number of the RFC before we go 1.0.0 :)

> So my plan:

> - propose a release plan for a 0.1.0 in the PMI

> which is basically: do a proper Eclipse release of the current code base

> - release a first milestone (0.1.0-M1)

I am not sure, I got this:

*-M1 would be the release of the current code base, wouldn’t it? And the release plan in the PMI will have the roadmap for our next steps, right? But then, couldn’t we go for 1.0.0-M1 for now and have milestone releases until the end of the incubation?

We should collect all ToDos to plan the roadmap. At the moment I see:

-          DTLS API

-          Resource Directory update (central for LWM2M)

-          HTTP cross-proxy fix

-          CoCoA merge

-          Open pull requests

We should go for a first Eclipse Californium release pretty soon, though. There are also other open ToDos such as continuous integration and the Maven repositories. What else do you see?

Ciao

Matthias

PS: Sorry for being not very responsive, there are too many things in parallel at the moment…