Re: [udig-devel] help

Hello,

The problem I had when I was trying to run the RCP example is that product file is not included in the example net.refractions.udig.tutorials.rcp_1.2.0.201008151814.jar that comes with the SDK 1.2, so I didnt know how to run the example. I download the product file from the SVN, but since it is not online anymore, I can send you the file by email if you want me to (or you can get it from git). I also had to download from the svn a coulple of files missing in the SDK.

http://www.mail-archive.com/udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg16407.html

Hey Jody,

Thank you very much for taking the time and interest on writing all the "
Plugins vs Features ... fight!" email
This documentation helped me a lot. As you said, there was a problem with
features, and I finally set the rcp tutorial to work :)

This is what I did:

1. I followed the SDK QuickStart guide to set up the development environment
2. I imported the net.refractions.udig.tutorials.rcp from the SDK (1.2)
3. As there is no product file for this project in the version included in the
SDK, I downloaded the file rcp.product from the
http://svn.refractions.net/udig/udig/tutorials/net.refractions.udig.tutorials.rcp/rcp.product
4. This product depends on net.refractions.udig.rcp_feature and
net.refractions.udig.tutorials.rcp_feature, which are not included in the SDK.
I downloaded them from http://svn.refractions.net/udig/udig/features and
http://svn.refractions.net/udig/udig/tutorials/ respectively and import them to
the workspace.
5. Finally I opened the rcp.product and launch it :)

Regards,

Joaquín