Re: [udig-devel] Feature Dependencies, Update Site

On Jul 14, 2010, at 6:36 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:

> Refraction had hudson set up previously; but it was not set up again
> after a server migration. I could talk to LISAsoft about supply a box
> for hudson builds, they have been supportive in supply a build box for
> the live dvd project for example.

That would be cool. It's super easy to setup (hudson I mean). But I just noticed that some of your build stuff is Maven based. I don't know anything about that but AFAICT that only affects n.r.u.libs. It might make more sense to create a library plugin for that anyway.

> EPL would be considered as part of a migration to
> http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/hosting/. We may however fall
> within their use of LGPL guidelines. The biggest thing holding us back
> There may of been an apache or xml one as well.

I *think* those are all in the typical "loaded' sdk, but I'm not sure.

>> And with that I'm able to open the Map Perspective in a plain old Eclipse SDK. No map yet -- looks like the layer view and project view aren't showing up. All the error console gives me (as usual) is a PartInitException -- not particularly useful. So I'm going to just go to the source build which is probably what I should have done in the first place. Looks like there is an rcp feature..perhaps that's the one I should be using..
>
> The RCP feature represents the bare minimum needed for support a
> MapViewer widget for use in an RCP application (none of the uDig menus
> or MapEditors).

Hmm..that might be just what I need at this point though.

>> p.s. I'm "just" over in Nelson..let me know if you ever find yourselves out in the Kootenay..
>
> Close to my home town; I am lurking on the other side of the world now
> and am not sure when I will next be in the area.

Oh yeah, where? I was thinking that BC was home for at least some of the uDig development.

-Miles

Back to the top