Re: [udig-devel] Feature Dependencies, Update Site

>> One of the things we have considered is joining the eclipse labs program they recently set up; is this the kind of thing you would be interested in?
>
> Let me be careful in how I phrase this.. it's something I would be interested in having happen. ;) Seriously, I have a lifetime of stuff to do on AMP but would be more than happy to help get you guys up and rolling with the basic p2 stuff, feature packaging, etc.. If we could find a hudson instance somewhere (don't know what you're using) I could even help set up an automated build for you. Which actually brings up..not to put you on the spot, but if you did the labs approach would you be considering doing an EPL (or otherwise BSD) license? That would be really cool..

Refraction had hudson set up previously; but it was not set up again
after a server migration. I could talk to LISAsoft about supply a box
for hudson builds, they have been supportive in supply a build box for
the live dvd project for example.

EPL would be considered as part of a migration to
http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/hosting/. We may however fall
within their use of LGPL guidelines. The biggest thing holding us back
is not license but the desire to use GIT rather then mercurial.

>> There are a few "non" net.refractions plugins included in our source code (cases where we have bundled up a jar we use). I expect you are missing one of them.
>
> Yeah, I found the culprits. Looks like:
>
> com.cvsreader_2.0.0
> org.tcat.citd.sim.udig.bookmarks_1.2.0.201005181202

There may of been an apache or xml one as well.

> And with that I'm able to open the Map Perspective in a plain old Eclipse SDK. No map yet -- looks like the layer view and project view aren't showing up. All the error console gives me (as usual) is a PartInitException -- not particularly useful. So I'm going to just go to the source build which is probably what I should have done in the first place. Looks like there is an rcp feature..perhaps that's the one I should be using..

The RCP feature represents the bare minimum needed for support a
MapViewer widget for use in an RCP application (none of the uDig menus
or MapEditors).

> p.s. I'm "just" over in Nelson..let me know if you ever find yourselves out in the Kootenay..

Close to my home town; I am lurking on the other side of the world now
and am not sure when I will next be in the area.

Jody

Back to the top