Re: [udig-devel] integrating the map viewer as plug-in in own RCP app

I have an idea - the uDig SDK is more then the udig example download application (it contains more plugins for one, and is there to support developers for two).

The feature used for the tracking tutorial is here:
- http://svn.refractions.net/udig/udig/trunk/tutorials/net.refractions.udig.tutorials.rcp-feature/

You can see there it has a:
1. minimal set of plugins for mapviewer
2. the rcp tutorial application being published
3. a few more plugins for shapefile, wms, mapgraphic and grid coverages

If you would like to sort out what is needed we can create a "net.refractions.udig.rcp-feature" that we include in the SDK for everyone. I am not sure if it should include any format support by default; or if we should leave that for others?

We will still need a tutorial to show people how to use it; the tutorials are done with open office and the template is here:
- http://svn.refractions.net/udig/docs/trunk/

If you are writing or contributing to a tutorial your company can have its logo on the front page.

Finally I am not sure if you are interested; but another long standing request from some RCP developers is for uDig to better integrate with Eclipse IResource class; since uDig itself does not use IResource it is strictly something that would be done for RCP developers as an option.

Jody