[udig-devel] integrating the map viewer as plug-in in own RCP app

Hello,

I would like to integrate a simple map view/editor into my own RCP app.
I guess, using a local shape file as the map source would be the most
basic approach. The tutorials only cover ways to extend uDig with
plug-ins but not the other way round.

I have completed the quickstart and the distance tool tutorial, I also
familiar with creating and extending RCP apps ( without  being an expert
at it). What I do not know is, which parts of uDig I need to
include/depend upon to create a basic uDig plug-in for external use.

Reading the mailing list, I discovered it to be quite a common problem
for which no clear solution was provided, so I would gladly participate
in creation of a tutorial covering this issue. Would someone please
point me in the right direction (the more detail the better)? Please no
RTFM answers - there has to be a comfortable solution for mere mortals.

Regards,
Konstantin Silin

Back to the top