Re: [udig-devel] UDIG CODE SPRINT last week to go

Hi Andrea:

We have 3 developers in Australia ready to go; since we are the "1st timezone" we will start working on the first bugs that are found on that page. If we get stuck (or feel that someone else is better able to handle an issue we may wait for other timezones to come online.

You are actually the 2nd person to report back image support problems (I had a user contact me offline about GeoTIFF support not working for all images they found on the web; indeed this was a regression against uDig 1.1). I have limited ability to hack on raster file formats; but we can at least create test cases etc as needed - the reports I got back were all about GeoTIFF being rendered in black (so they may actually be a difference of RasterSymbolizer actually being supported now - thus requiring us to make a useful default value?)

Jody

andrea antonello wrote:
Hi folks,
Friday the code sprint is supposted to start.

Currently there are two wiki pages up and running to support the sprint:

1) http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/HACK/Code+Sprint+Jan+2009
2) http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Udig_round_the_world_sprint

Where are all the users that wanted to test the udig 1.2 version and
do bug reports? Jody has been so nice to create the udig version for
all operating systems, now please take the effort to test and bugtrack
it. This is your moment to complain and help.
Some people already added problems found in the walkthroughs on page 1).

JFYI I have an international meeting to attend this week from Tuesday
to Thursday. I will try to be online as much as possible in order to
understand how the organization of the sprint will work.

Another question. Will someone of the coverage stuff also be around? I
think I have some nice images that do not load always :)

Comments? Please, let's keep this thread alive this week to rush
properly into the sprint.

Thanks,
Andrea