Re: [udig-devel] EPL, UDIG and Geotools license

http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html

Yes, I see nothing in the EPL that prevents us from distributing our unmodified version of RCP along with the uDig plugins. I suppose people might need clarification that the RCP portion of the distribution is under EPL and the uDig portion is under LGPL.

The declaration of "incompatibility" seems to arise from a scenario where I take RCP, fork it, and try to relicense and distribute it under GPL. That situation they would deem in violation of EPL.

Andrea Antonello wrote:
I second you about the fact that talking without license background is
just producing entropy for nothing. So I agree to stop on this without
some good base (never met one with good license base until now anyway).
What to say about the green gooey ones... they chase me... they always
chase me... :)

--

  Paul Ramsey
  Refractions Research