Re: [udig-devel] What glyph is this? Hi Moovida

I gave a quick look on how WMS deals with this... and it uses the
generateDefaultIcon only to create the icon in the layer view. It
doesn't even care about the legend, which is empty when activated only
with a WMS layer.
This is probably due to the fact that it contains only the color
information of the image and doesn't know much about the real values of
the maps.

I'll have a look at the legend. But it is drained with SLD style stuff
and I get lost in that one...

Andrea

Jody Garnett probaly wrote:
> Hey Andrea we will just need to figure this puppy out ... lets treat it
> like a design problem.
>
> It could be an ImageDescriptor is *not* the best way to let a layer (or
> resource) contribute a drawing to a legend. It is good for the SWT
> controls however.
>
> Personally it would be more fun to have them contribute something like a
> map graphic that is asked to draw on a section of the real map (then it
> could draw at 100% resolution when we go to print out a map).
>
> Just a thought....
>
> I just hunted down where the layer view glyph comes from here ... I have
> not looked at the Legend code - can you have a look and email about what
> you see?
>
> Cheers,
> Jody
>
> Andrea Antonello wrote:
>>> You can have any size you want ... the layer view scales things down to
>>> 16x16 (or else the SWT widget starts to look stupid).
>>>
>> Hmm that is a problem, since I would need to write also the range for
>> the legend. In that case a 16x16 icon would look like a disaster.
>>
>>> The legend map
>>> graphic ... well I imagine we can make it do whatever you want (but I
>>> recommend scaling things to similar width - some WMS servers have very
>>> odd ideas about what would make a good graphic).
>>>
>> Similar width is ok for me, I will check.
>>
>> But how to deal with the two versions? Can I somehow get if it is the
>> legend calling or the leyer view?
>>
>> Andrea

Back to the top