[udig-devel] What glyph is this? Hi Moovida

In todays IRC meeting we started looking into how to get your own icon into the Legend (ie the mapgraphic) and the Layer view.

The icon (called a glyph) is part of our data model ...so should be as simple as layer.setGlyph( ImageDescriptor )

Now uDig does a bunch of stuff if the layer does not have an glyph ... ie getGlyph() == null

1. It tries to make one up based on the StyleBlackboard (this works great for FeatureSource) 2. It tries to make one up based on the GeoResource (this works great for WMS Layers)

(All this happens in LayerGeneratedGlyphDecorator, the legend may do something similar - I bet we can combine the code)

Moovida is looking into how to make a nice smooth color ramp based the raster. I assume she is going to look at the raster color table? So this may be as "easy" as implementing something good for the GeoResource resolve method when asked for a ImageDescriptor. You coudl do the work there to look at the rasters color information?

Cheers,
Jody

Back to the top