Re: [udig-devel] What glyph is this? Hi Moovida

You can have any size you want ... the layer view scales things down to 16x16 (or else the SWT widget starts to look stupid). The legend map graphic ... well I imagine we can make it do whatever you want (but I recommend scaling things to similar width - some WMS servers have very odd ideas about what would make a good graphic).

Cheers,
Jody
Hi Jody, this seems to be exactly what I was looking for. I wanted the
resource to take care for it's icon and legend... i hope i will be able
to set a size also...

Andrea

Jody Garnett probaly wrote:
In todays IRC meeting we started looking into how to get your own icon
into the Legend (ie the mapgraphic) and the Layer view.

The icon (called a glyph) is part of our data model ...so should be as
simple as layer.setGlyph( ImageDescriptor )

Now uDig does a bunch of stuff if the layer does not have an glyph ...
ie getGlyph() == null

1. It tries to make one up based on the StyleBlackboard (this works
great for FeatureSource)
2. It tries to make one up based on the GeoResource (this works great
for WMS Layers)

(All this happens in LayerGeneratedGlyphDecorator, the legend may do
something similar - I bet we can combine the code)

Moovida is looking into how to make a nice smooth color ramp based the
raster. I assume she is going to look at the raster color table? So this
may be as "easy" as implementing something good for the GeoResource
resolve method when asked for a ImageDescriptor. You coudl do the work
there to look at the rasters color information?

Cheers,
Jody