Re: [udig-devel] What glyph is this? Hi Moovida

> You can have any size you want ... the layer view scales things down to
> 16x16 (or else the SWT widget starts to look stupid).

Hmm that is a problem, since I would need to write also the range for
the legend. In that case a 16x16 icon would look like a disaster.

> The legend map
> graphic ... well I imagine we can make it do whatever you want (but I
> recommend scaling things to similar width - some WMS servers have very
> odd ideas about what would make a good graphic).

Similar width is ok for me, I will check.

But how to deal with the two versions? Can I somehow get if it is the
legend calling or the leyer view?

Andrea

> Cheers,
> Jody
>> Hi Jody, this seems to be exactly what I was looking for. I wanted the
>> resource to take care for it's icon and legend... i hope i will be able
>> to set a size also...
>>
>> Andrea
>>

>> Jody Garnett probaly wrote:
>>
>>> In todays IRC meeting we started looking into how to get your own icon
>>> into the Legend (ie the mapgraphic) and the Layer view.
>>>
>>> The icon (called a glyph) is part of our data model ...so should be as
>>> simple as layer.setGlyph( ImageDescriptor )
>>>
>>> Now uDig does a bunch of stuff if the layer does not have an glyph ...
>>> ie getGlyph() == null
>>>
>>> 1. It tries to make one up based on the StyleBlackboard (this works
>>> great for FeatureSource)
>>> 2. It tries to make one up based on the GeoResource (this works great
>>> for WMS Layers)
>>>
>>> (All this happens in LayerGeneratedGlyphDecorator, the legend may do
>>> something similar - I bet we can combine the code)
>>>
>>> Moovida is looking into how to make a nice smooth color ramp based the
>>> raster. I assume she is going to look at the raster color table? So this
>>> may be as "easy" as implementing something good for the GeoResource
>>> resolve method when asked for a ImageDescriptor. You coudl do the work
>>> there to look at the rasters color information?
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Jody