Re: [udig-devel] splitting line segment

Andrea Antonello - HydroloGIS wrote:
Ok, I get the proper arraylist of features (finalFeature) at the end:

I create the collection:

   FeatureCollection fcollection = FeatureCollections.newCollection();
        for( int i = 0; i < finalFeature.size(); i++ ) {
            fcollection.add(finalFeature.get(i));
        }

which I then write:

        FeatureStore store = (FeatureStore) ds.getFeatureSource();
        store.addFeatures(featureCollection);

And get one single feature in my new created shapefile instead of a lot
of single ones... :(

What is going wrong?
I think we may be stuck on the FeatureID thing - a feature collection cannot hold two features with the same ID (it considers them the same feature).
When you did your FeatureType.create ...which one of these did you use?
- FeatureType.create( attributes )
- FeatureType.create( id, attributes )

I would also ask that you start a Transaction - if not adding the features to the shapefile will take a lot longer?

Jody

Back to the top