Re: [udig-devel] splitting line segment

:-D
Unfortunately I am not so good in software development... and so I believe in Andrea... :-)

Thanks to all for help

Ciao
Silvia

Not right now ... it is something I often use when doing computer analysis though ... it would be a great plugin for someone to add to the community section.

I am searching for small projects (like this one) as a way to get back into uDig development ... my first one is to export a GIF or PNG file of the current screen :-)

Silvia if you wanted to start working on the line splitting plugin we would be happy to help.

Cheers,
Jody
Silvia Franceschi wrote:
Is there a way in Udig to split a line segment into segments of a given lenght? First maybe I have to ask you if there is way to view the length of a line, I tried in the Information panel but there is only the information of the area... :-(

Thanks,

Silvia

Amy Johnson wrote:
Is there a way in udig to split a line segment in two? Thanks,

The "Add Vertex" tool can accomplish this. Providing the layer is editable, the first click selects the feature to edit (a line), and the second click adds a vertex.

Cheers,
Cory.