Re: [udig-devel] splitting line segment

It is enough to duplicate the feature yes - when you add that feature to the feature store it will get a new FeatureID and so on. In really fancy editing systems (with workflows and so on) the features would remember each other as part of an audit trail or something. Andrea is working on some of that kind of magic right now for a versioning geoserver wfs-t; we may be able to abuse the same backend for those wanting a serious postgis editing workflow. Ah to dream :-)

Jody
Right, just trust the community :)

One question to the udiggers.
I want to leave the attributes the same as the ones of the original feature.
Is it enough to duplicate the feature and set the new geometry as its
default geometry?

Andrea

Back to the top