Subject: Re: [udig-devel] Re: WFS bugs in RC8 Fixed
From: Jesse Eichar <jeichar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, January 31, 2007 9:25 am
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS
<udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have been trying to connect to a Mapserver WFS with RC8.  When I
saw Jesse's
note I wondered if I need to download another build.  At this
moment the nightly
build appears to be missing from the site.  That is what I want,
right?  I
assume that the RC8 download would not change.

That is correct.  I gather that the nightly build failed last night
so that is why it is missing.  I will be up tonight.  I'm also going
to make another release.  I just have to further test the changes to
the WMS renderer that cory made.

I recently posted to mapserver-user to find out if anyone has been
successful
using udig as a WFS client, but didn't get any replies about that.
Can anyone
here comment about that?  I am also trying QGis and *choke* Arc.
Are there any
other WFS clients out there that I should try?  Thanks.

I have used uDig with mapserver's WFS a few times. But I have to say
that Mapserver's WFS is not very good.  A large part of that is
because they do not support post which limits the filters that can be
sent.  I don't think we have a check for that yet so it is possible
for a request to fail because of it. Although that is not common for
normal usage but could potentially be an issue for rendering
complicated styles.

Jesse