Re: [udig-devel] Re: JGrass and uDig

Not necessarily...  There is some serious performance issues we have right now
because our renderers renders are dependent on Graphics2D class but there are
platform issues with the SWT_AWT Bridge so we have been converting the images
SWT images.  But this solution is too inefficient so I am researching alternate
approaches.  Using JOGL is one approach that excites me and I am researching how
that requirement would affect our users.  What machines does it require
(graphics card memory size for example), what are the platform issues, etc...
One of the side effects of adding JOGL would be the the ability to do 3D but it
is not one of my focuses.

FYI.  We have the idea of a ViewportPane the actual choice used by the
application is can be largely changed without affecting the rest of the
application.

Jesse