[udig-devel] Re: [-DETECTION SPAM-] [Geotools-devel] Re: Raster Data Images

On 5/13/05, Martin Desruisseaux <martin.desruisseaux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> simone giannecchini a écrit :
> > Just a note on this, the "world plus image" plugin is reaching a
> > decent stage. I would like to have someone to work on it for testing
> > and improvement.
>
> Thanks for the tip. After a quick look to the "world plus image", I
> think that the two code (the new plugin and the legacy
> ExoreferencedGridCoverageReader) are complementary. The layer was a kind
> of general framework for reading text files in different format. The new
> plugins concern more specifically the file for specific image format. I
> will looks how to merge them when I will have a chance.

I agree. I focused more on supporting real images format for the
moment but when I ported the gtopo30 I made some experience on the
fraw files therefore I would really like to help you out with this
second issue.

> As a side note, I wonder if we could find a more intutive package name
> than org.geotools.gce. What about org.geotools.coverage.io?
>
>         Martin.

No exceptions reaised from here. I will make change but we should wait
one or two weeks 'cause I have not time for that now!

Simone.

Back to the top