Re: [sumo-user] Question regarding drivers dynamics and --step-method.ballistic

1) The actual speed curve depends on the carFollowModel. The default Krauss model will often use maximum acceleration and deceleration. For smoother curves, use carFollowModel="IDM".
For a paper, see https://www.researchgate.net/publication/318394768_Calibration_and_Evaluation_of_Car_Following_Models_Using_Real-World_Driving_Data

2)  the step-method has no impact on vehicle acceleration or speed. All it does is change the way covered distances are computed based on the current and previous speed.

regards,
Jakob