Re: [rdf4j-dev] How to contribute an Rdf4j/Spring integration

Hi Jeen,

Good to hear that this may be of interest.

Am 2021-05-18 01:26, schrieb Jeen Broekstra:
Can you share a bit more about the background of the project? Did you
write it on your own or with other developers?

There is a little code from one other developer whose consent to contributing will very likely not be a problem. I am also expecting to get our employer's consent and that of the company we are doing the project for.

Is it already
open-source?

No.

And of course I'd definitely like to learn more about the
code itself, any use cases or examples that you can share would be
good.

Here are a few classes (some shortened):

https://gist.github.com/fkleedorfer/990de5e3591b35f2d92e2f8f9248516e
There's:
* the spring Configuration.java showing how the RepositoryConnection is pooled and wrapped in a caching and optionally a logging layer, how the Rdf4jTemplate is instantiated, and how you can autodetect all your DAOs * the Rdf4JTemplate (that one may be a little messy for some tastes but we can clean it up)
* the DAO base class, Rdf4JDao
* a domain-specific 'ProjectDao' that uses all of this to provide some CRUD operations

Can you give us an estimate of how large the contribution would
be, roughly (lines of code)?

It's about 5400 lines of java code.

Finally, a question for the future: assuming that we go ahead and
integrate your contribution into RDF4J, are you intending to stay
involved with maintaining it?

Yes. Availability may vary but I'd like to.

Best regards,
Florian

Back to the top