Re: [ptp-dev] Opening remote projects very slow

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The different kinds of remote services are a bit confusing.

Some terminology first:

RSE Connection - this is the connection that is set up using the RSE remote services. It can use the dstore or ssh protocol. RSE connections are visible in the "Remote Systems" view.

Remote Tools Connection - this is the connection that is set up using the Remote Tools remote services. It can only use the ssh protocol. Remote Tools connections are visible in the "Remote Environments" view.

Resource Manager - this is used by PTP to manage the monitoring, launching and debugging of applications. It uses a connection provided by RSE or Remote Tools in order to communicate with the remote system. Resource managers are visible in the "Resource Manager" view of the PTP Runtime perspective.

Remote Project - this is a project that has been set up using the New Remote C/C++ Project wizard and where you have specified a remote project location. It only works with an RSE dstore connection at the moment.

There are multiple ways of creating RSE or Remote Tools Connections, but only one way of creating a Resource Manager. A Resource Manager is created using the New Resource Manager wizard that is accessed via the "Add resource manager..." context menu from the Resource Managers view. Connections (RSE or Remote Tools) can be created through their respective views, via the "New" button on the New Resource Manager wizard, or via the "New" button on the resource browser when you a selecting a project location.

To do what you want, you need to create two RSE connections. One is an RSE dstore connection for the Remote Project and the second is an RSE ssh-only connection for the Resource Manager.

Regards,

Greg