[ptp-dev] Questions about Resource Manager restructure

I have some questions about the resource manager restructuring that we
talked briefly about during the last PTP conference call
1) An advantage of the restructuring was the elimination of the proxy,
which simplifies installs since there is no longer a special build step
and the proxy doesn't have to be copied to other systems. Are there other
advantages that would be a good reason for doing this?
2) Does this change help with the volume of message traffic between
Eclipse and the PE/LoadLeveler monitoring process for things like node and
job status changes, maybe by a more efficient protocol?
3) Is the intent of this restructuring such that the parallel application
or LoadLeveler submission is invoked directly on the same machine
(possibly a Windows or Mac system) where Eclipse is running? If so, how do
we deal with this, since both PE and LoadLeveler have interfaces that only
run on AIX or Linux. I think we still need an intermediate process running
on AIX or Linux to handle the invocation of these types of applications.
4) Do you intend to continue to maintain the existing resource manager
interfaces or will those go away in the future?
Dave

Back to the top