Re: [asciidoc-wg] 2021 Program plan and budget

Thanks Paul! That's exactly the information I was looking for.

Since the fees are informed by the budget, I don't think this step was skipped so much as it is now the current step ;) So let's tackle it.

I find the justification you gave for the fees to be sound. In the spirit of both fairness and practicality, it's good to start with a basis that has worked for other groups. And it meets the requirement stated by several committee members to keep the fees at or below the 10K mark.

We should be cautious about stating to early that the fees are fixed year over year once set. Since we're operating on a hairpin budget in 2021, it's reasonable to say the fees aren't going to go down. But if the committee decides on a more ambitious plan after the first year (for example, to make room to develop the compliance program), it may be necessary to increase the fees to cover those goals. So I think we just need to leave room for that to happen.

I have a few follow-up questions that will help us complete the current step:

Who is expected to make the update to the charter? Is that the responsibility of the Steering Committee chair?

Who will put a screenshot of the budget into the program plan document?

What exactly do we need to vote on in the first vote? Are we voting on the fee schedule, or are we voting to ratify the draft charter with the fees added to it? (I just need to understand where the charter vote fits in).

Unless one of the committee members has an objection, or an objection is otherwise raised, I think we're ready to move forward with a vote.

Best Regards,

-Dan