Re: [asciidoc-wg] 2021 Program plan and budget

Graeme,

Thank you for your feedback. You need not feel like just a spectator here. Everyone is welcome to participate. And if you're participating, you are part of this community.

It may seem unnecessary to have multiple domains right now, but trust that this is going to give us room to grow. I assure you this is not an indicator of fragmentation. Rather, it's about specialization. The AsciiDoc Language project needs it's own domain (asciidoc-lang.org) that's exclusively focused on the language, its artifacts, and the TCK. It's not a marketing / advocacy site. It's a project site. This mirrors what many other languages do, such as Ruby, Swift, Rust, etc. The asciidoc.org site will then be a portal for the ecosystem and all the places AsciiDoc is used. So the scope is much, much broader. We haven't yet decided whether this is the same as the Working Group website or a separate site. We'll communicate those plans once we're ready to discuss them. But whatever we decide there, it will not affect asciidoc-lang.org.

Best Regards,

-Dan