Re: [viatra-dev] Wiki pages

Thanks for the feedback. Added a short summary to the bottom-left corner: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44011277/viatra/viatra-history-5b.png.
It's a draft, open for suggestions. (You can use the text below.)

Cheers,
Istvan

The name reflects the visual transformation rule definition language of the first generation of the framework with the ability of generating and executing model transformation programs in an automated fashion.
The visual notation has been abandoned in the second generation ("VIATRA2"). One of the many new features to the stack, the incremental pattern matching technique, later resulted in new spin-off branches of the tool family: EMF-IncQuery and subsequently IncQuery-D.
After complete redesign, the third generation of the tool has become an EMF-specific and -targeting platform for integrating various types of model transformation approaches, driven by techniques like complex (model) event processing and highlighted by features like design-space exploration.

Wow! This is really cool! Thanks for doing this.