Re: [viatra-dev] Wiki pages

Hi,

1. It's good idea to use a similar layout for the modules. When I created the DSE wiki I more-or-less followed the structure of the IncQuery wiki: 1) Introduction/main features, 2) User's guide (Install, API, examples) 3) Contributors guide (Environment, Inner structure) 4) Releases (specific to the module) 5) Important, external links, etc.

However, currently there aren't any big differences between these three wiki.

2. It would definitely be a great addition to the wiki. Also we could link the corresponding publications.

Cheers,
András

Questions:

1. Shouldn't we "standardize" the content layout on the main pages of the modules? Compare these: https://wiki.eclipse.org/VIATRA/DSE, https://wiki.eclipse.org/VIATRA/CEP. Maybe use a template? Or would it take too much effort to maintain the sync on long term?

2. From the other thread ("[458324] Build job restructure"):
An idea: Dániel's Most Influential Paper Award talk at MoDELS gave a nice overview on the history of the VIATRA/IncQuery family. I think such an overview should be put on the wiki and the official site as well to aid the positioning of the new, EMF-based tool stack. Maybe an illustrative timeline or flowchart would be the best. What do you think?

Cheers,
Istvan