Re: [ve-dev] ktable or something like it in eclipse

David J. Orme wrote:

Well it sounds like CompositeTable is probably better for heads-down nuts-and-bolts editing. But KTable seems to have more advanced features. I'd like to invite the authors to have a look at Sweet and write a data binder for KTable. I don't know if we can get it into Sweet, but that would be the first step. See CompositeTableViewer inside package org.eclipse.ve.sweet.fieldviewer.swt.internal for an example of how to do it. org.eclipse.sweet.table.test has some basic test code for the CompositeTable control, in both bound and manual modes.

Also, if/when you run into trouble, I'd love to hear your feedback on the data binding API. This is the time to change it, if that's needed. This would be the first time the API is used to bind a table control other than CompositeTable, so I expect you'll probably run into some glitches in the process.

(Sweet is available in Eclipse CVS:

server: dev.eclipse.org
cvsroot: /home/tools
project: org.eclipse.ve.sweet

)

Regards,

Dave Orme

--
Objects are here to stay.  http://www.db4o.com

PGP Public Key (for confidential communications):
http://www.coconut-palm-software.com/~djo/public_key.txt

Back to the top