Re: [udig-dev] Disposal of raster readers

Hi Jody,

I am a bit confused by your answer. How is the issue connected to geoserver? The problem with disposing the reader inside uDig on styling pages is, that it gets cached as resolvable from IGeoResource (if I remember correctly). I haven’t seen any possibility yet to flush an entry of this cache or the whole cache. Is there? If not, the service has no chance to get asked for a new reader… What would you suggest (I see the need for disposing the reader at those various places, but I don’t see a solution  for refreshing the reader by now)?

Regards,

Hendrik

Morning Peilke:

That is interesting, the use of reader dispose() may be a workflow miss understanding on my part. If the geoserver catalog is holding onto the reader it should not call dispose() until after it is done use; and should recreate it as needed.

The codehaus issue tracker is shutdown, we have been able to rescue the previously reported issues here: https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/projects/UDIG

I think we should best consder that an archive :(

--

Jody Garnett