[udig-dev] Disposal of raster readers

Hi,

by trying to give native support for imagemosaic to uDig, I stumbled over some places where AbstractGridCoverage2DReader.dispose() is called from inside uDig code (styling pages, getMetric implementation of AbstractRasterServiceInfo). We worked around the getMetric by overwriting, but this is not a solution for uDig. All other raster datastores seem to have no problem with disposing and then reading again (which is interesting and documented? Needed?), but the imagemosaic plugin from geotools has, because it’s dropping its catalog and rastermanager and throwing an exception on a next read. Would the solution be to make the geotools plugin reinitialize on another read or think of alternatives on calling dispose inside udig?

Btw. does uDig have an active bugtracking system (bugzilla link from locationtech page?), I would like to report some errors, so that fixes we’ve made can be better tracked or is this too much work for the project members?

Regards,

Hendrik

IBYKUS AG für Informationstechnologie, Erfurt / HRB 108616 - D-Jena / Vorstand: Helmut C. Henkel, Dr. Lutz Richter
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Wolfgang Habel

Back to the top