Re: [udig-devel] doc conversion to Sphinx and RST

Frank it seems we are both trying to go in the same direction; I encourage us to *start* and we can figure out the details as we go.

I will take your direction for a "single source documentation" to aid in translation; and we will need to figure out how copy out the good bits to the correct location after.

USER GUIDE
- "online help" currently available at http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/Home is what I refer to as the "user guide"
- one of the sections in the user guide consists of "getting started" which consists of PDFs that can printed for use offline
- this is extracted out of the wiki and processed into eclipse help which is stored in net.refractions.udig.help/en/docs.zip
- additional languages are each captured in their own wiki

DEVELOPERS GUIDE
- the developers guide available at http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/DEV/Home
- the "Getting Started" sections of the developers guide consists of PDFs that can be printed for use offline
- this is extracted out of the wiki and processed into eclipse help which is stored in net.refractions.udig.dev/docs.zip
- the developers guide has never been translated

WEBSITE
- currently generated using PHP and held in subversion; we could migrate this to git
- pmc members have commit access if you need anything changed

Q: Do you want the "single source documentation" to include bother the user and developers guide?

Okay it looks like other projects are handling it that way. We can always put a step in our build script that packages up the generated html into a "docs.zip" during deploy.

Example from GeoServer:
doc/en/developer
doc/en/user
doc/en/docguide