Re: [udig-devel] doc conversion to Sphinx and RST

On Friday, 11 May 2012 at 5:51 AM, Frank Gasdorf wrote:

Agree, external images are not supported right now. Created a bug for
Nicely done! I was still fighting with it to see if it was possible. I even tried messing around with the internal file structure of the the document.
GeoServerInsall worked fine. Have you setup sphinx build and created
html out of it?

Started with sphinx-quickstart and created a project in the udig-docs
root. Properly we should create a branch to share results of our
experiences and steps.
You have made it further then me.

I would like to set up a doc folder in the normal uDig checkout - that way when we get to code examples we can pull in "live" source code. Same thing for referencing icons in the user docs.

With that in mind the correct locations should be:
- plugins/net.refractions.udig.help (for user docs)
- extras/net.refractions.udig.dev (for developers guide; although I think we could move this to plugins in order to fold it into the maven command line build)

ideas so far:
* create a single language documentations to start with
* use the odt2sphinx script to convert odts, lets temp. save odts like
Jody suggested
* fix the images
* create a pretty udig Style, properly we can start with css from

I agree with that plan :-)
+ GeoServerInstall (obsolete ??)
This is required as part of walkthrough 2 (you can make it the first chapter of walkthrough 2 if you like). I only separated them as when I tech in a class room environment I can ensure that GeoServer is pre-installed in order to save time.

but wait. If we like to include source like Jody did for geotools docs
we should move the docs to the udigPlatform repository. Opinions?
Yep; see above for recommended target locations.

Back to the top