Re: [udig-devel] ResetService

I'm not sure understand the different between reset and refresh in terms of what the user would see. I would expect both to perform the same task so if my service changed at all I would expect both to pick up the changes. If a new table was added to a postgis service I would want both reset and refresh to result in this new table being available; if the bounding box changed I would want that to be reflected by both.

If we do this by dropping and re-creating the service or by some sort of "reset" function to clear cached items I'm not sure it matters. I like the idea of dropping and re-creating the service only because I feel it is more likely to actually clear any cached items. However, that may just be because I don't fully understand the service/georesource contract yet.

Emily