Re: [udig-devel] jgrass merges

Wow….I have heard so much about JGrass, but have not tried it seriously.

We have a large project that need to save all our TIFF files of scanned old maps (60000 map sheets) into GeoTIFF files without a separate projection file, all projection info within the GeoTIFF files.

http://geonetwork.sges.auckland.ac.nz/geonetwork/srv/en/main.home

I cannot wait to try whether uDig + JGrass will work for us.

Cheers,
Tawan

On 11/10/2010, at 9:02 PM, andrea antonello wrote:

> Thanks Mauricio and all the PSC for the support in this.
>
> Ciao
> Andrea
>

> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Mauricio Pazos <mauricio.pazos@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Excellent!, good for you Andrea
>>
>> On Tuesday 05 October 2010 04:30:43 pm andrea antonello wrote:
>>> Hi PSC,
>>> I have a set of features from JGrass that I would love to see in uDig
>>> and also think they would make sense in a general purpose GIS.
>>>
>>> Since I am not able to add the feature requests to the WIKI right now
>>> (refractions domains seems to be in trouble again), I list them here
>>> (if available with a screenshot as it is now in JGrass):
>>>
>>> - csv to shapefile import tool [1]
>>> - profile tool [2]
>>> - an export wizard for coverages, with the possibility to export
>>> either in geotiff or in ESRI ascii
>>> - a coverage query tool [3]
>>> - navigation view [4]
>>> - netcdf format support [4]