Re: [udig-devel] jive-udig-platform clone

Just to make an example:
I just made a fix on the main repo about the WMT plugin having a
problem with the renderer, which was basing on gt-2.6 while Jody's
merges brought the main repo on 2.7. I pushed the change directly to
th repo, since it was a small fix and necessary to build.

The comment I got is: "I think we are supposed to do merge requests
(from a branch or other repository)"
To which I subscribe (prefer branches though), but in a case like the
above I would not bother to create a branch.

So that is why I would like to talk abotu common procedures.

Cheers, talk to you next week,
Andrea

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 10:16 AM, andrea antonello
<andrea.antonello@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now that we all got hands dirty on git I would suggest to make an IRC
> to talk about ways to proceed in future. Things like use fo branch
> against a repo clone and similar matters, in order to have a similar
> way of doing things.
>
> I will be away for the next week and with old style internet
> connection (i.e. almost none). So please wait for me for the IRC :)
>
> Ciao
> Andrea
>
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I kind of did what Jesse told me; and did not follow the directions (the directions were being written as I was set up).
>>
>> In following the instructions you provided I end up with a "commit" for  a bunch of files; should I submit that as a merge request of main? (or should we make the change to main and ask people to update...).
>>
>> Jody
>>
>> On 16/09/2010, at 9:21 AM, andrea antonello wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jody,
>>> I tried to checkout your repo clone to merge the gt-2.7-SNAPPY in my main repo.
>>> I have almost everything modified, which leads me to think that you
>>> did not follow this part of the git install:
>>> http://help.github.com/dealing-with-lineendings/
>>>
>>> Might that be? Else I am in trouble not knowing what is going on.
>>>
>>> Ciao
>>> Andrea