Re: [udig-devel] Internationalization problem

On 29/07/2010, at 2:26 AM, Farzad Mahdikhani wrote:

Thanks again for the help Jody, so please let me restate the job which I should do to ensure that I am not wrong:

1- I should take part in babel project for Farsi language, as Farsi is not in babel languages pack, and translate parts of eclipse which is necessary to translate the uDig.
2- I should translate messages. properties and plugin.properties files available in uDig source code.
3- I should copy the nl plugins created in the first step to eclipse's dropins directory and also add them to the net.refractions.udig_language feature.

So does this mean that only translating messages. properties and plugin.properties files available in uDig source code is not sufficient to completely translate the uDig?

Correct; udig uses the eclipse rich client platform - so that needs to be translated as well.

Anyway one question is still in my mind. As I told previously when I run udig.product from within the eclipse using "-nl fa" option, for example, the Help menu is fully translated to Farsi but when I export the product and run it using "-nl fa" option some Farsi translations in help menu (and other places) don't show up and their corresponding English words appear in the menu. You say that after adding babel language packs for Farsi this will be resolved?

Yeah the help menu is part of the eclipse rcp plugins (we did not make it specifically for uDig). There may be a few places where we have missed translating an english word (ie it is hardcoded into the Java code); if so please just email the list.

Jody

Back to the top