Re: [udig-devel] Internationalization problem

Yes it is; and don't worry about being a newbie. Internationalization
is both easy and difficult for everyone.

The various "nl" plugins used to be provided by IBM; they dropped out
of that a few years ago and it took 3 or 4 years for the community to
get something else in place.

That something else is the "babel" project.

As part of making the "dropins" folder I download a few of the
translations that are ready for use in uDig and make sure the
udig_language feature refers to them.

Being an open development project the procedure I use is documented in our wiki:
- http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/ADMIN/Exporting+Dropins

You can do the same for the languages you need - but sure to modify
your udig_language feature to include them (so they show up when you
run or export the application).

For a quick test; if you are just running from eclipse you can get
away with adding them to dropins; and refering to them from the Run
configuration menu (just to check they are doing their job).

When your translation is ready and committed into uDig I will update
my instructions to include Turkish and Farsi.

Jody